Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Antiquing/consignment finds this week

I admittedly am planning on my “next phase” of front porch decorating- for winter/ Christmas I have some rustic ideas floating around in my head- but knew I needed to hit up some antique stores to bring some of my ideas into fruition. 
  I don’t have all the materials I need - yet- but I did find several things that I was on a quest for and several surprises too! I wanted to share some of them with my readers 
- first off- I love antiquing and consignment shops- I find it so fun like treasure hunting! 

So at the first antique store I go to in abingdon- I find - both an old  tail sled 🛷 and ice skates (oh makes me think of Ethan frome) both of these finds are going in the front porch and will probably stay there until Valentine’s Day 


I was thrilled to find these things! I have a list of several more items that I need I will work on this weekend - when my winter porch scene is complete I will post it. 

So while I was searching for Christmas decor- I found two fire king mugs! I love love love fire king and Pyrex and particularly the Kimberly fire king mugs (with the diamond etched pattern) my parents had these mugs when I was very small so they carry with them very positive nostalgia for me of feeling safe, loved and warm. 


And isn’t the butterfly one so pretty? These are the perfect size for my espresso machine 

Also I found at the antique store - this beautiful sweater- that wasn’t an antique but someone had it hanging there for sale In Their booth for 12.00 - a Judith March sweater that had magnolias on it! 

Love this sweater and it’s so warm!! 

And it was like a Christmas next door in a consignment shop- I found a pair of size 8 hunter boots for 20.00 and they are the exact same shade of pink as my new sweater!! 


So yay! So awesome! 
That’s been what I’ve been up to the past couple days in addition to pre thanksgiving craziness!! Hope all of you have an amazing thanksgiving!! We all have al much to be grateful for ♥️🤗

No comments: