Tuesday, August 11, 2015

CTR 10k 2015

 This past saturday the 8th CTR 10k was run on the VA Creeper trail at 6pm. HERE ARE THE RESULTS

 I truly can't thank the sponsors, volunteers, runners, my family / friends, the community for the outpouring of love and support for this event and the scholarship. That core essence of  human goodness, hope and courage is what propels the scholarship forward year after year. This year the race raised enough money for two  annual scholarships. Each runner, volunteer, and sponsor played a part in this accomplishment. THANK YOU  for helping us honor my brother Todd's memory by helping others.
HERE is the CTR 10k photo album on my FB

Also we are looking for new recipients for 2016! If you know of any seniors or college students majoring geology, geography, environmental science, mining engineering or some other energy related field. PLEASE have them contact me: jendenichols@mac.com
 I can email them an application. There is a 250 word essay-  high school seniors much have a GPA of 3.5 or higher, and college students 3.2 or higher. The board of directors of the scholarship fund selects new recipients every second week of April at the annual board meeting.
 here are a few other shots from the race:
overall and age group awards

last minute course directions

and they are off!

OVERALL MALE TOP 3

OVERALL FEMALE TOP 3

Very pleased with the way Todd's race is continually growing and moving forward. I never really fathomed I would be a race director or my life would be on the path it's on at all. I am choosing to be grateful for my journey, using all lessons from both good and bad experiences for my personal growth, and to enable me to be a better person that helps others. Treats others the way I would like to be treated. End of the day, I just want to be productive, do what I can, when I can- and life a full life- that I know my brother would be proud of -  THANK YOU AGAIN to everyone for helping me make this happen. 

1 comment:

Frank Lilley said...

One of my big regrets is that I never got to run this race. So glad this was another great year!!