Monday, June 29, 2009

varmint pictures and more adventures in trail running





 hey everyone! I haven't had a chance yet to post the pictures from the Varmint Half marathon on june 15th. While my time of 1:55 was very lack-luster, I feel I must explain that this is a truly brutal course that isn't really comparable with any other road marathon or half marathon I have ran. I did snag a sheep trophy for second in my age group!! yay! I had a wonderful time hanging out with friends new and old(beth , John ( from the third mile) and family ( my first cousin Rob Smith ran the Varmint this year) :o)

 This past weekend, I was fortunate enough to go out on the AT/ Iron Mtn trail with Beth for a 13 mile loop. It was such a fun day and ended much too soon!  I loved that section of trail because the majority of it is Very runnable but challenging! I think running in Damascus will be excellent preparation for Leadville trail 2010. :o) 

 I am getting all the loose ends tied up for this year's Christopher TOdd Richardson Memorial 10k.  I have the equipment reserved with SFTC. We are using the runscore system that we used last year to time the race, and I feel this is a really great way to go. 
 and I'm working on the T-shirts and the awards this week.  as soon as I finish the graphic for the shirt I will post it up here. :o)

We are going to the beach later this week. I will be sure to take plenty of pictures and post about my adventures down in SC!


No comments: