Wednesday, September 17, 2008


sorry it's been so long since my last post!  Things have been fairly busy around here.   Today I just wanted to share a couple of books I find I use every single day! I love reference books!

First I read these Intellectual devotionals every morning: I read both the US History ( love history and the general one.  it kinda just gives my brain a boost, and something to reflect upon while I'm driving jack to school. 

Another book  I love just leafing through, and if I have a question on ANYTHING is the NY times Essential Guide to Knowledge
That book is SO freakin cool. If you are ever just roaming around a bookstore, go to the reference section and check it out, you will see what I mean.  oh if only I knew about this book when I was in high school, I would of been UNSTOPPABLE at model UN!!:o)

and lastly COOKING! I love to cook.  I love GOOD food. I happily and readily admit I listen to "the splendid table" every sunday and podcast it when I miss it.  Williams and Sanoma and Sur la Table are my favorite stores!  I love going to all the little gourmet wine and cheese shops in bristol and abingdon. SO the end of the day when i am preparing my evening meal, I ALWAYS end up looking at 2 books: JOY OF COOKING 

well, I know this isn't that much of a post, but I just kinda wanted to share that because although, I read many books through out the year, the past several months ( years for JOY) those books have become a big part of my everyday life.. which I don't know if it's good, or just means I'm incredibly boring:o)

 the picture is one I took of a rainbow last week in my back yard.  It really reminded me of my cousin Amy who has a very entertaining blog I have listed in my "commonly read blogs" section. if you haven't already, CHECK IT OUT!  I love to read about her musings and adventures!

Cheers yall!:o)






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The picture is beautiful! You are so talented...I love that you have hobbies and interests that you enjoy sharing them. It is really so cool and DOES NOT make you boring at all...it makes you super interesting and unique! Keep it real woman :)

I'm not a big cooker, I wish I was & hope to be one day, it is a to-do item for me, but I do love little kitchen shops and wine & cheese places. Somehow I always end up buying a gadget that I never use, but it is just so fun! Have you ever been to the Cheese Shop in Williamsburg, Va? If not, it is a MUST try!

Smiles! Amy