Friday, November 16, 2018

Adventures this week in crafting

 Beginning of this week I found myself on the struggle bus with a sinus infection (I think ๐Ÿค” being out in the cold so long on my hike Saturday) so instead of focusing on fitness- I focused on making good use of my time inside by working on some craft projects- 

Firstly, I crocheted ๐Ÿงถ myself a hat! I absolutely love the feel of the yarn I used- I purchased it from hobby lobby in bristol- it has a very nice hand (very soft and not scratchy but it’s wool) and it’s so  toasty warm! I also have been experimenting using larger size crochet hooks- 


As you can see this one is gigantic compared to the ones my grandmother would use when I was a child. I love the larger sizes and find them even easier to work with than the smaller size hooks. I don’t ever use patterns for my hats - I really don’t even know what I’m doing- I just start with a chain connect it into itself then proceed to crochet in circles- occasionally trying the hat on and figuring out adjustments so it’s the correct diameter/size until it’s done. 


Finished product 


I like it ♥️
Okay yesterday I was looking at Pinterest for some Christmas decor inspiration- and kept seeing dried orange slices come up in my feed- it occurred to me that I have naval ๐ŸŠ oranges in my fridge- also, I have a dehydrator so - why not?? 


I thinly sliced about 10 oranges ๐ŸŠ and dehydrated them overnight - this morning I strung them on bakers twine using a needle I use for  finishing up knitting projects  ๐Ÿงถ 


Big plastic needle  - I’m sure you could
Used a normal needle and thread ๐Ÿงต but I’m such a goof- I’m positive I could of gotten it entangled had I attempted that- 
And the end result is: 





I added several bundles of rosemary to dry and to add some color contrast- 

Some of my leftover orange slices I’m keeping to make oranaments for the tree and also to add to Christmas packages I like to use brown paper for a minimalist look with the twine and now I’m envisioning the orange slices and sprigs of pine or evergreen tied to it ♥️
Christmas for me is still far away- I like to get through thanksgiving first but even this garland I feel is a great transition from late fall to winter and could be  possibly on my mantel until feb ๐Ÿ˜‚ 
Hope everyone is having a great week! ♥️ practice self care and  make room in your life to do things you enjoy ๐Ÿ˜Š 

No comments: