Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Slowly starting to feel like the holidays

We have been experiencing some cold weather this week- I really have wanted to accomplish more but sick kid, weather meh- 
Some days you just have to play the cards you are dealt. 
However, today even though it was windy and 25f I decorated some outside- it’s a work in progress but I’m slowly chipping away at it 
Here are some pictures of what I’ve done so far: 

I hung a big wreath and garland on my back porch- this porch is probably my favorite place in the house - I’m constantly out there no matter what the season . 


Still have a lot to go on the front porch but it’s a start- going to have a tree 🌲 on my front porch by this weekend :) and more greenery but I have my antique sled and ice skates out! And the watering can is very special to me it was my papaw Claude’s 
My dad gave it to me several years ago. It’s one of my most treasured things 

 Mail box 



 This isn’t decor- this is my dinner - it was so cold I decided to use my mini bge I normally just use for tailgates or family camping- but it was so blustery and cold 🥶 I did not want to have to walk into the courtyard and use my normal sized big green egg- plus with me and the kids I now realize how much lump charcoal I was wasting - this size is perfect for three ppl or less 
And I enjoyed just Popping out the kitchen back door onto my porch to check the food and two feet from the warm house 😂 
Truly thankful for the little things 
Next up: I know this weekend more adventures on tap and more decorating 
Tomorrow am going to try for a cold weather adventure run in the woods after I take the kids to school - 

No comments: