Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Trout fishing in Damascus, Va with my brother, river glass and jewelry making

Today I got to spend the day with my brother Brian and we went trout fishing together! It was a beautiful crisp fall day! My brother caught a beautiful brown trout and I let too many off the hook to count Lol 😂 I did score some river glass - it seemed wherever I was I would look down and find it- I’m assuming from the strong rain yesterday 

Brian was nice enough to let me have his trout- trout for dinner!!  and as soon as I got home I made some necklaces and a bracelet from some of the glass I found! 

Very thankful to get to be outside on such a gorgeous day!!!  


Brian at TN Laurel 



Beautiful morning 





One of my favorite spots 


Happy to be outside 




Brown trout Brian caught 






Brian at the trestle near the creeper trail 



Brian just loved getting his picture taken all day 😂





My haul from the river bank 


The things I made this evening!! ♥️

Brown trout after I gutted and filleted him 


Volia! Trout for dinner!! 

Next up: I’m supposed to go backpacking this weekend and it’s going to be cold!! Supposed to go from max patch to hot springs on the AT with my cousin sherry  who is section hiking the AT. 

No comments: