Saturday, October 27, 2018

Band Mom and Date Night

We are having a busy weekend and I’m having a hard time sneaking in my workouts and runs- but that’s okay!!

My oldest son Jack is in band and it’s really kept us hopping this fall with games and competitions. He had a game on Thursday and today we travel to Pulaski, Va for jacks last competition of the season. It’s been so amazing to watch him grow and flourish just this year alone -
Here are some pictures from his game on Thursday 



And last night, because the game was moved to Thursday- Brock and I found ourselves with the rare opportunity to get to go to dinner together and have a date night!!  He works out of town pretty much Monday- Friday every week. Lately he has even had to work some weekends so it’s been - ugh- so freaking hard- I miss him terribly and the kids miss their dad as well. I completely appreciate how hard Brock works to provide an amazing life for us- and completely appreciative of the opportunities he has to make money but - we still miss him and want him home- over the moon happy when he comes home. 




I think we clean up just fine ♥️๐Ÿ˜

Brock is tapering for mmtr 50 next weekend- and I’m so excited to get to crew for him and see all my friends at the race!! Going to Lynchburg ultras is like a big family reunion for me, as these ( along with WVMTR)are the first ultras I ran as a newbie ultrarunner and they are the ones I find myself going back to year after year because of the people and sheer positivity I experience running and crewing at their races!! 
Lastly and I know this will be a blog post later this weekend or Monday: I am having a party!!! I’m so excited- I decided I was isolating myself way too much and what better way to break out of that than to invite 5or 6 of the coolest chicks you know?! So Sunday afternoon- I’m hosting a pumpkin carving party- costumes optional (I’m dressing up!) and I can’t wait- all the ladies I invited are so unique and cool in their own rite- and best part each of them are my friends! Like real friends!  Like if I was hurt or sick or needed help I know I could call any of these women and they would be there without hesitation to help- and same me for them- So that feels soooo good to me- to gather a collective of people I adore like that! So I’ll keep you guys updated how the party goes and be sure to take pictures!! 
Hope your weekend is fantastic ♥️ hug your family, friends, dogs and kitties and tell them you love them- life is short!! 

No comments: