Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Running happy consistently 🎃 and happy Halloween

The last two days I have experienced a change in my running- for the first time in a long long time- I’ve actually enjoyed it- had fun on my runs!! I’m sure cooler temps and eye candy(aka fall foliage ) have a lot to do with it 
I am unsure why I had such a blah attitude when I ran- just felt it wasn’t fun anymore and I did it out of obligation to my health or identity - because I knew I should etc - but today and yesterday both run I felt a shift in my thoughts like hmm this isn’t bad- I’ll just float up this hill... 
where before I’d be like “oh God—- this sucks.”  Why do I do this to myself? Etc- soo perhaps it could be shift in thinking- and better fitness combined - who knows? All I know is I’m excited that the fun aspect has returned for me! 
I have been using both my garmin and my Apple Watch to track my runs- 
I’m excited to feel my appetite for running return and as Karl Meltzer told me when he coached me last year: “if running is hard for you, you need to do more of it for it to get easy.”  Pretty sound advice! 

Today is Halloween! We are very excited for trick or treaters! And to watch scary movies and have a taco bar!! 
Both kids just want to hand out candy this year! 

Here are some pictures from my run yesterday and a shot of me just finishing my run this morning : 








Yes I look sad  or traumatized 😂 but I’m not just was trying to breathe 😆 


Jack and Todd dressed up for school - Jack was a tacky tourist and Todd it was career day and he is a civil engineer 


Jack with his Veterans Day project he made for
School 

No comments: