Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Cutting back hedges, making room for more light in my life

Yesterday was a bear. It was the third day that I spent with my 72 year old dad clearing brush and cutting back my hedges in my landscaping because they had become so overwhelming to me- they were blocking the  sunlight that comes into my house - and also growing up against my house and just making a mildewy mess- I love plants- and at first recoiled at having to trim them back what I felt was severely- but as my dad pointed out- in the long run it makes them grow correctly it makes them heartier and healthier and give me space- so as we were working I noticed the more sunlight and space I was making by trimming- the more I could breathe I literally felt lighter and better- the sheer overgrowth of my landscaping I felt had choke hold on me and I didn’t realize it- I wish I had before and after but this walk way I couldn’t even use before it was like a green tunnel and really mosquito-y in the summer 

Now it’s so open and lovely and I feel I can actually utilize it- so my point is - what other things have a subconscious choke hold on our psyche? Are there places in our life that are so out of control and over grown- we need to prune and trim and cut it back into submission so that it actually works for us  and makes sense again? Just something to think about- but I know I want to make more  space for myself  and for things to look lovely and have access to plenty of sunshine!!! ♥️
I was so tired last night for dinner I made soup again but this time it was my spin of beef pho- but I used  fake ramenoodles soba ? I think so their name (gluten free) sirloin from pounding mill land and cattle ( my parents farm) and I used beef bone broth I had made- if anyone wants the  precise recipe I can post it later- 


It’s going to be another beautiful October day! Clear blue bird day crisp high 60- I’m getting ready to go run 🏃‍♀️- 5 miles then plan to take maverick for a walk-  here are some pictures of the back of my house with maverick this morning- I’m just so happy how everything looks in my yard now ( and that I can breathe) 



 Maverick be like “lady stop taking pictures of me” 




Okay  lastly this is a humble brag - yesterday I fixed my son todds bounce back for lax- it had gotten messed up when the yard dudes moved it to mow around it - and since spring had been under my back porch in a crumpled sad heap- and it drove me crazy- I hated it - I wanted to throw it away but was too afraid I would scratch my truck trying to load it by myself because it was so cumbersome- 
My dad said he would help me haul it away yesterday and I said well let me try one more time to see if I can get it to stand and not fall down-  and for whatever crazy reason and some wd40 I got it to work 

 So I had a happy child
After school who practiced on his bounce back 
Then he practiced cradling and shooting for an hour- so that is a victory  in my book. My goal is just to continue to dig out small victories like the bushes or the bounce back every day - 
Hope everyone has an awesome Wednesday!!! 

No comments: