Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Gluten free cornbread and pumpkin, turmeric chili

Hi! Just wanted to jump back on my blog real quickly this morning  and share my pictures and recipe from dinner last night! As I mentioned I’m really into baking but Utlizing gluten free methods-  so in my last post I mentioned as an ode to fall I was making pumpkin/veggie broth based chili with pumpkin and turmeric and gluten free corn bread- both turned out amazing and I wanted to share some pictures! 









 I like to  literally crumble the cornbread into the chili - but after stirring it up I think you can really see the pumpkin orange and the turmeric color- this recipe was so yummy.  And I’m going to share it although not approximate 
For the cornbread I got it from the website “gluten on a shoestring” which I really like this site they are simple and informative- 

 Okay y’all I did this recipe except I omitted the honey- because my family for generations has NEVER put sugar or sweetener in cornbread- just no. Lol- but if your fam like sweet corn bread - that option is there (my suggestion is to just bake them a cake- haha)  and I baked it in a warmed and greased (with bacon grease- hello paleo!) cast iron skillet at 400f for 20-25 min
I also would
Suggest adding milk or butter milk or even water to the batter to make it more moist 

For the chili- this isn’t approximate but I use 
One small yellow onion
3 cloves of garlic 
One package of ground beef (I used beef from my parents farm!) bison is a great substitute if you have to buy at store or go the farmers market and get ground beef from there- much better quality 
2tsp of salt 
3tsp of turmeric 
3 tsp of chili powder 
Dash of red pepper (if you like spicy chili) 
Can of crushed tomatoes 
Can of pumpkin (plain be careful not to get pie filling)
Two cans of red kidney beans 
I used a 16oz jar of chicken bone broth I made but you can use veggie stock or chick broth or water - 

Sauté onions and garlic add hamburger salt 
When well done add spices and canned goods and broth stir well and bring to a boil then simmer for 30 min
Be sure to taste! Before serving to make sure it’s salted enough or seasoned enough and voila!! 

Today is going to be beautiful hope you get outside and enjoy the leaves changing and crisp weather Bring to a 

This is my street I get to run on everyday!! 

Decided to add some pictures of my pets! (this is only some of them) Leo the Tom cat

Brocks dog belle the blue heeler

Maverick my dog MY best friend and super pet - I love him so much 


And this is little Alice my snuggle buddy- Abbie meadows gave me this dog in 2013 and she is doing great  happy and loves everyone 

No comments: